View Single Post
Old February 21, 2014, 09:29 AM   #35
Derbel McDillet

Quote:
I have good news to report here: I have two hands, so no worries there.
You may not have two hands available while you're parrying or deflecting an attack with your support hand, your support hand/arm is injured, or an adversary has hold of your support hand/arm.

Quote:
It takes no attention to rack a slide if you know how. It's much like cocking a revolver hammer on draw, its what you do without thinking about it. I have carried guns my whole life and so far it's never been an issue.
So how often DO you train to quickly draw your gun from your pocket, rack the slide and shoot? Is this how you train with your pocket gun all the time?

In addition, training under realistic force-on-force conditions reveals to you what you can and cannot do - if your equipment and methods will actually work under stress.

It's never been an issue if you've never actually trained to do it under realistic conditions. While intellectually you may know what to do - under stress you may fail to do it (and this is quite common). The effects of stress on your mental and physical performance in a life or death situation can be unpredictable.

Page generated in 0.02240 seconds with 8 queries