View Single Post
Old July 8, 2013, 06:48 AM   #17
lmccrock

Quote:
I was told to 'drop the hammer' to which I replied 'its a glock it doesn't have one' not understanding what he meant in the moment. I was then disqualified for the day.
Did that club offer a "new shooter's meeting"? If not, the club failed. If so, did you go? They should have reviewed the range commands at the meeting. If you go again, make sure there is a new shooter's meeting and attend. If there is no such meeting, leave. "If clear, hammer down, holster" is a final safety check to be sure there really is not a round in the chamber.

Quote:
I suppose I forgot to add the other reason I was put off was the round prior the timer guy stopped moving right in my path while I sprinted to make a shot from a better angle. Causing me to collide into him.
"timer guy" = Range Office = RO

Two possible calls the RO can make. Either (1) RO interference (he bumped into you) and you are offered a reshoot, or (2) you ran into the RO, on purpose, and you are disqualified for the match, because you are trying to get an interference call. There is some judgement there, but those are the 2 choices.

Yeah, find another club.

Page generated in 0.02565 seconds with 8 queries