View Single Post
Old September 12, 2011, 03:17 PM   #145
shortwave

Quote:
Yet none of that, none of that, has anything to do with a breathalyzer
Much of what I posted does not have to do with the school breathalyzer but may bear on the fact as to why a breathalyzer was deemed necessary by the school officials at Hitthespots school.

Some had also made remarks of "Whats next metal detectors, pregnancy test, drug screening etc".

Again, did anyone go to the school to ask the reason for the breathalyzer?

Were there prior dances where some of the angels showed up drunk or had been drinking? Accidents coming/leaving prior school functions? Someone even busted during school hrs in the parking lot drinking?

I also asked if prior notice was possibly sent home with the kids. The reason I asked that question was that very well could have been an explanation as to 'why' in the notice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, some have condemned this school for doing this and we don't know why they did it in the first place. Maybe to some, there isn't any reason the school could do this that is acceptable.

But as a parent, I'd sure want to know a couple why's...

I'd want to know if the school did in fact send prior notification home with my child to give to me.

If they did, I'd want to know from my child, why he/she didn't get it to me.

If they didn't, I'd want to know why they didn't.

If there were past incidents, I'd want to know how many incidents and the kids involved in the past incidents so I could keep an eye on who my kid was loafing with.

I'm sure I can think of a few more 'why's' but I know I'd have to find out a few things before I started condemning the schools decision to do what they did.

If after all my 'why's' were answered and in fact the school did this due to prior incidents but I still felt the school didn't act appropriately, I'd have to ask myself if I was willing to devote my time in the future to insure the breathalyzer wasn't needed at extra-curricular school functions. I.E. volunteer chaperoning at future school dances, working the gate at sports events etc.

Last edited by shortwave; September 12, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.02861 seconds with 8 queries