View Single Post
Old February 29, 2008, 06:23 PM   #1
MosinM38

Shoulder holster+CCW Holster Questions

Hey all!!!!

Been awhile (Again) but real life is a pain. Read quite a bit but can't find time to post*Sigh*

Anyway...I had a few (Bunch) of questions. I will try and make them readable

First I will say that although I am not old enough to get a CCW in my state (Montana)yet, I will be soon and I am going to get the holsters/gun/etc now so that I will be comfortable with it by the time I can. I work on my parents farm/ranch so no worries about someone going spastic about it.

#1. This is not CCW related. What is a good make/model of shoulder holster? I really have no clue as most people I know don't use them. An for work a shoulder holster will be easier to carry with when working. (Compared to a hip holster) I am wanting one that is of pretty good quality but not overly expensive.
Also. Is there a type of shoulder harness that will allow use of differant holsters by that same company? I mean, that will allow you to have a holster capable of holding a N-frame S&W and another holster for a 1911? I doubt it but I wasn't sure.
-----------------------------------------
Okay..On to CCW related topics. I will say I am almost clueless in this area. No one I know has a CCW permit. I will be the first.

My general outfit will almost always consist of Jeans, longsleeved shirt and laced up leather workshoes. In the winter add a light jacket.

Okay..my first question......
What type of holster would I need to conceal a handgun? What I wear is generally somewhat slim, that is not a lot of slop, or bags to conceal a gun. I was thinking of a holster in the small of my back, but I generally tuck in my shirt. Another thought was a ankle holster, but I the shoes I wear have a pretty high top.

My first thought was to wear a light jacket that wouldn't be to hot in the summer.....But even then a jacket moves, and in some cases you wouldn't want to wear it........
Anyone have a suggestion?

Okay...Onto my second question.

If I wore a light jacket, would a shoulder holster be a reasonable option? It would allow me to carry a larger handgun (Which would be preferable), but even so it would be easier to inadvertantly reveal it by accident.

Generally I was thinking of carrying a Ruger .357 snubby, or a compact 1911 because I would have to. If I had my own preferance, I would like to carry a larger 1911(Wouldn't have to be the full 5" though) or a 4" .357, but a handgun that large would be even tougher to conceal.

MANY thanks to any response

Page generated in 0.03692 seconds with 8 queries