View Single Post
Old March 13, 2006, 10:17 AM   #1
Mikeyboy

Weird range day 2 vs 1 handed shooting

Saturday, I went to the range to shoot my Taurus PT-92 and my 2 S&W .38 snubbie revolvers. I was kind of jumpy, probably because I drank some coffee and I just started taking some allegery medication so both were not mixing well. Anyway I shot Weaver stance at 7 and 10 yards. I was getting decent grouping in the 9 and 8 ring with a few flyers in the outer rings (better with the semi auto) but nothing was going in the 10 ring. It was just weird, not even one good or lucky shot in the 10, nothing was going in. I was about ready to wrap up so my last drill is to shoot one handed. I put up a fresh target and shot a 7 yards with my PT-92, 8 rounds right handed and 7 rounds left handed, and I shot better one handed then I shot two handed all day (a nice grouping in the 9 and 10 rings). Usually one handed I am on the paper but all over the place, especially left handed. Fresh target again, then I got my S&W 60 snubbie and I took a 5 yard shot left handed. Bang...10 ring dead center in the X. I almost dropped the gun laughing. My friend in the other lane, who was reloading leaned over to say nice shot and was shocked when he noticed I was shooting one handed on my weak side. I empty the gun and all in the 10 ring. I just don't get it. I'm going to try to shoot more one handed to see if I'm just a better one handed shooter. Could also be that once I shot 150+ rounds 2 handed I'm in the groove by the time I switched to 1 handed. I'll try starting off shooting one handed to see what happens. Does anyone else out there shoot one handed better than weaver style.

Page generated in 0.02685 seconds with 8 queries