View Single Post
Old April 27, 2000, 07:46 PM   #3
Ezeckial

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M1911:
I'm confused, what do you mean by SA AK47? Do you mean a semi-auto AK47 clone? If so, you might try posting that question on the rifle board, rather than the full-auto board.

If that is your question, I think the best AK clone is the Valmet. But they're very expensive.

The Yugoslav, Hungarian, and Rumanian versions are good. I'm not a fan of the Chinese or Egyptian versions.

[/quote]

The Hungarian FEG SA-85 is the prettiest of the AK's, IMO. In fact, these were the "cormemorative" AK-47 sold through the American Rifleman a few years back (had the wrong stocks though...thumbhole instead of the pistol grip style).
Now, I like the Chinese version (MAK 90). I bought mine for less then $250. For some reason, they've increased in price dramatically. No new imports, though...
I've read of a company who imported a bunch of the Romanian version (question: stamped or milled receivers?). I'd like to get one of these...like some other opinions though.
Not great shooters, but tough and fun to shoot.
I'd also love to get a select fire AK, but too expensive for this boy.

Page generated in 0.03026 seconds with 8 queries