View Single Post
Old August 15, 2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Blindjim

Illuminated Scopes for Bad eyes 150 yds +/-.40SW carbine

Hello folks!!

I haven't had a scope since I was 13. it was not illuminated but it was illuminating.

I want to get an illuminated scope, but am not sure where I’ll be getting the best value, and I feel I’m going to need a green retical. Or red circle. A red dot likely won’t be much help to these eyes. I’m pretty sure it’s gotta be electronically lit up too.

Neither am I sure about what power (magnifycation) I’ll need as the numbers just confuse me. I don’t recall which is the magnifier, field, tube, lens dia. etc., so some one please shed some light on this subject for me?

I’m thinking $250 - $300… less if possible. Pre-owned is OK too.

Any ideas of what I should be looking for… or looking at? Buruss, Millet? Leatherwood? Aim Point? Nikon? Hasbro? Matell? Weaver? Hubbel?

I want to be able to cover my property and then some. 180ft does that.

I also want to be able to fend off intruders inside my home, and the occasional & outright annoying members of the undead.. as we all know, they require a direct insertion of a pill into their brains. . So accuracy speed, and low light operation is important.

What I want is likely way more $$$ but how close can I get for the funds in my budget?

Thanks a ton.
Will Rogers said, "there's 3 sorts of people in this world, those who learn by books, those who learn by the experiences of others, and those who just have to pee on the electric fence every now and then."

.... for me, life becomes less and less shocking with every pull of the trigger.

Page generated in 0.03530 seconds with 8 queries