View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 07:14 AM   #12
FlySubCompact

To you posters accusing me of rumor mongering.....

First off, if you take my original post as a whole (title and body), this subject was posed as a question. I heard this, had never seen anything related to it and was curious if folks here had heard anything about it.

The fellow I got this info from is a good man from what I've known and heard of him. The "Obama" regulations that I said "were gouging him" may or may have not been related to HAZMAT directly. From our short conversation he said that new transportation regs, signed into law in the last few months, were costing him $700-800 a week. Details, I can't provide. Our conversation was short and I know almost nothing about trucking or hauling explosives. My grumbling about the current HAZMAT fee brought his mention that he heard the fee would soon jump to $100.

I don't know if the current administration will do this (or any make any other moves to inhibit 2nd Ammendment related freedoms or products), but I would not doubt it. Especially after the man has shown a renewed interest in reviving the UN Small Arms treaty and a new version of the AWB. Plus, his political career was spawned in Chicago.....not exactly the most Pro RKBA city in the the US. He also has made comments about "working under the radar" to get things done that might not fly via normal (and politically costly) legislative methods.

Page generated in 0.03226 seconds with 8 queries