View Single Post
Old August 13, 2018, 01:12 AM   #17
Metal god

Quote:
don't buy anything in bulk until you have worked up the load.
In general I agree completely

Quote:
Actually, I have routinely bought bullets in bulk with the intent of relying on my experience and skill as a handloader to be able to develop a load that would suit my needs. I have yet to be disappointed in this strategy.
I also agree and do this as well but it has bit me in the butt a few times . I have 1k 55gr bullets ( 875 now )I bought at the gun show that were garbage and are now put away for when the ZOMBIES come and that was from the big powder and other components dealer . I had bought a few thousand before and since but I could tell these were different and they told me so . I thought meh no big deal they'll load just fine , NOPE . The crimp grooves were inconsistently placed and they just flew like crap . 3 moa was the best I could do with them . There was a 45acp bullet I could not get to fly right and a 147gr 9mm bullet that the manufacture later told me only will expand at 1150+ fps . Well there ain't nobody I know that are pushing there 147gr 9mm pills much faster then 1k-fps so those 1500 bullets turned into plinking bullets real fast .

Except for those 55gr .224 bullets I went ahead and loaded them all up or am still loading them . That does not mean in hindsight I wished I never bought those bullets .

As for the OP , those everglades bullets look like a good deal but I've not shot there .224 bullets . I did just buy and have been testing there 38/357 bullets and so far like them .

The best price I've found next to the gunshow and those Everglades is these 55gr Hornady bullets ( the link may not be working ) You may need to hunt through the website . The websites name is Monmotheloading.com
http://www.monmouthreloading.com/?fi...llet-style=fmj

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; August 13, 2018 at 03:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.03208 seconds with 8 queries