View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 03:31 PM   #3
You can Google: Trigger job M91-30...but I would not go below a 3 or a 3.5 pound trigger pull.

Before I bought my M91-30 sniper from a gunsmith...he had the trigger dangerously down to about a 2 ounce crisp trigger pull. I had to buy a new trigger leaf spring, from Numrich Gun Parts. A little polishing will help...but I would not overdue it. C&R matches have a trigger pull pound limit which might be a 3 or a 3.5 pound limit, but I'm not sure which is which.

You should perform a drop test with any Mosin that you buy --- or any trigger work that has been done on it. Probably any gun --- with enough force --- will fail a drop test...but I could fire my Mosin, with a 2 ounce trigger pull, just by slapping the heel of my hand on the rear of the Mosin's bolt; with the safety off.

Do a drop test --- with an unloaded gun {safety off} --- by shoving the butt of the Mosin stock, onto a hard padded surface, from about 1 foot in height. It should not trip the sear. I'm no gunsmith or expert.

When Westinghouse built M91-30's for Russia, here in the U.S. --- they had a uniformed Czar Russian inspector --- who always drop tested the newly manufactured Mosin's at the factory. The U.S. workers, decided to play a trick on putting a live 7.62x54 round in the chamber, on an over polished trigger group on a Mosin. The unknowing Czar inspector drop tested that Mosin... and was startled to have the gun discharge, with the bullet hitting the roof.
That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

--- George Orwell

Last edited by Erno86; April 15, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 8 queries