View Single Post
Old March 3, 2012, 12:18 PM   #5
hydroholic

Even though you don't like the red ( not orange) stripe down the back of the grip, it is a little softer than the rest of the grip and is there for comfort. It does make a difference and I have shot both. The grip on the Taurus IMO is more comfortable against recoil. My .44 RB has the same grip and I shoot 500+ rounds quite often out of it at the range and is comfortable to me throughout. As far as the double lockup goes, to me that is a plus on the larger caliber revolvers. And as for the ported barrel, when it comes to felt recoil, it makes a significant difference which makes it quicker to get back on target after firing as well. I see no negatives out of anything in question other than if you don't like the color of the comfort stripe. Also cost a hell of a lot less than the Ruger. I am by no means rich but I could afford either when I bought my .44 RB . But I had already been the S&W route and shot my Stepfather's Ruger .44 plenty throughout the years. After shooting a friends .44 RB and .454 Casull RB it was an easy decision. Besides I already had some other Taurus revolvers that I was perfectly happy with. Don't get me wrong, the Ruger is a fine gun, but I like the Taurus better. And by the way, the grip is changeable and there are other grips available, but I would bet you won't find another as comfortable as the stock one.

Page generated in 0.03426 seconds with 8 queries