View Single Post
Old March 5, 2011, 03:43 PM   #1
ah141nj

Ruger M77 MK II VLE Tactical - opinions

I need some input.
I have been looking to get a bolt gun in 223 without breaking the bank. Have been shooting my Colt HBAR Match for some time now & now I want a bolt gun.

I have been reading both postive & negative things about Ruger...not sure which way I should be swaying.

Also, I have an additional question.
I am a righty but I need to shoot long guns lefty. Do rifles usually have a right handed only comb on the stock? Or can I shoot lefty from a right handed rifle without having to worry about the bolt & ejection port coming from the right side, this doesnt matter to me.

I have been considering the Ruger. It will be used for target from a bench most of the time. Any opinions on this rifle. Can anyone provide links to companies that have aftermarket parts available for the Ruger line. I know the aftermarket world wouldnt be as obundant as a Remington 700, but I know eventually I would want to tinker.
There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."
-- Charlton Heston, 15 Sep 1997

Page generated in 0.03647 seconds with 8 queries