View Single Post
Old August 3, 2009, 09:11 PM   #11
Ruger4570

Short of buying PURE lead from a supplier or foundry, there is no real reliable way to know what is in your mix. I use wheelweights all the time, I have no idea of what is in them nor do I expect there is a standard mix used by all the manufacturers of WW's. I just am not that anal about ww makeup, If I were, I would buy 100% pure lead , add 100% pure tin and 100% pure whatever else I wanted in the mix. At least that way I would have some control of the true hardness.
All that aside, I have never been all that disappointed with any WW's I have gotten form either side of the Country.
I know I am gonna [sic] off the purists, but, we are talking about a bullet, not the crown jewels. I have never found any lead mix that wasn't able to place a bullet where it needed to be. I suppose I can blame the mould, the lead mix, the lube, the gun, the time of day and the fact that my gun had left hand twist as opposed to the more accurate right hand twist. NO WAY would I ever blame myself for a simply a "bad shot"

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; August 3, 2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: skirting the language filter

Page generated in 0.04175 seconds with 8 queries