View Single Post
Old January 19, 2000, 11:02 PM   #3
Ned Roundtree

Our first match we had three cowgirls shoot. Several other were watching. I asked my wife and sis-n-law what would it take for them to shoot. They asked for a cowgirl only training match. So we had one. I had gotten several different type of firearms for the cowgirls to shoot. The class was small. Five cowgirls and me. Number one problem was finding a gun that fit them. Number two problem was basic firearm safety and shooting. Number three was their reluctancy to shoot shotgun. We found the IGA sxs in 20 gauge perfect for them. They shot pistols and rifle but wanted to not try shotgun. Once I showed them how it punched holes in cans, they wanted to try. From there on they all wanted to shoot shotgun first. Most preferred light weight carbines, small pistols with short barrels and 20 gauge shotgun. Several picked a 4 3/4" Uberti Bisley in .357 to shoot .38 special. After our first season 18% of the posses are cowgirls. And for the first time we have a woman shooter in the top five traditional ranking. This cowgirl actually took overall first place at a smaller club. I am going to hold another cowgirl only clinic this season. See if we can't get that 18% up to 30%.

Page generated in 0.03566 seconds with 8 queries