Thread: "Yippy dogs"
View Single Post
Old June 10, 2005, 08:54 PM   #102
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

She's right around 33" tall (can't get her to stand still long enough to get an accurate measurement). Last weigh in at the vets was about a month ago; she weighed in at 165. Her lines (CH Wiley's Hawkeye Huffman X CH Lionsire Best Kept Secret) are slow to mature, so she won't hit her top weight for about another year. She eats 8-10 cups of Diamond Large Breed 60+ a day, plus whatever she can mooch . I got her from a breeder (Woodmark Mastiffs) near Wash., DC a year ago when she was 10 months old. She's had some obedience work, but not enough. Still, she's very well behaved and very laid back, but her size and bark (wall shaking and window rattling ) are a deterrent to anyone in their right mind. She's not bad on a leash, but she is STRONG! I was wrestling with her in the living room the other night and thought I had her pinned. Wrong! She got up with me on her back like I wasn't even there! The history of these guys goes back to before the Roman Empire. The Roman's used them in the arenas to fight lion and bear! Woodmark would like me to show her, but I just can't get interested in showing. Too much politics .

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.03513 seconds with 8 queries