View Single Post
Old February 13, 2006, 09:49 PM   #1
shooter_john

.38 spcl- WHAT DID I DO/ NOT DO???

I am somewhat of a new reloader, but I have loaded a few thousand 40 s&w's, so I have a decent grasp of what to do. I recently got some 38/ 357 dies (RCBS 3 die set) and all of the components to load a few hundred 38's. I tumbled the brass (all commercial) deprimed and resized it, flared and primed it, and then started charging to seat the bullets. I know that revolver cartridges are supposed to be crimped, and I set my dies up per the RCBS instructions and started seating the rounds. The bullets I am using are 125gr Berry's Manufacturing FMJFP, with no cannelure. After the first couple of rounds, I noticed that the die was not even straightening out the flared cartridge, much less putting any kind of crimp on it. I tried several things after that, and adjusted the die several times, but I still haven't had any luck. As a matter fact, the last few rounds I tried I could push the bullet all of the way in and all of the way out with my hands pretty effortlessly. What do I need to do to get up and running with my 38's???
Thanks for any help!

Page generated in 0.02335 seconds with 8 queries