View Single Post
Old September 15, 2021, 03:44 AM   #85
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
US online ammo sellers are setting the prices as high. Not like in some evil cabal. But right, we all here have mentioned ammoseek.com. It's not like me, owner of family friendly owned SGammo or TargetSport isn't aware of that price. But somehow Madisonguns.com magically appears this year and can sell AE 147gr for cheaper than SGammo or TargetsportUSA.com? Hmmm...

It's provable because we have members here in other countries with normal pricing and perfect supply, yet their domestic ammo is coming to the US as high pricing. What magical thing happened on import that made it match US made pricing? Wolf steel 115gr at normal $6 a box is materially $2 different than US Federal AE 147gr or Speer Lawman 147gr?...

It's online shops. They are pricing high for two very obvious positions; 1.they can (Vista profit reporting has never been higher on ammo, a PUBLICLY traded commodity with Federal reporting requirements on the commodity) 2. if they run out at normal pricing, will they be able to get more in.

That Federal has 115gr FMJ AE at 28 dollars a box, but I can get (shipped free) Swiss made 124gr? hmm...

Geeze, if foreign purchase power on raw materials is lower, foreign ammo is coming from higher labor countries, foreign build scale is lower than US Vista.........it must be evil democrats or it must be inflation or it must be....or any other excuse than the clear obvious answer: US retailers are selling high cause they can and US consumers are buying it high.

With Club pricing, when ammo is in stock at the largest online retailer of handgun ammo in the us (Cabelas), the pricing isn't ALL that different from before.

Throw stones? Throw them right at the "community" that supplies ammo. Blame economics, blame the Russian ammo ban, blame any liberal opinion you've ever imagined...but it's the owners of ammo shops.

Australia, getting most of Winchester's ammo right now, price is set at contract. Is Winchester currently dying from material costs? nope.
Not all then different than before? Really, you were paying those prices before the shortage? No wonder I never bought any from Cabela's.
Maybe I read your post wrong.
Before the shortage I was paying $6.95 a box from target Sports, delivered right to the door step. (Tula/Wolf. )

TSAE9AP - AE9AP Federal American Eagle 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain Full Metal Jacket-Box of 50 4 $8.73 $34.92 (one order from Target Sports)

No, I do not see anyone blaming inflation, except in the regards of just one of many reasons for higher prices.
And for sure, I have NOT done any Panic Buying. Just have not been BUYING hardly at all period.

No matter how you cut it. This hobby is over for me. Prices will never go back to being reasonable. The only hope is, 22.cal will not go into a major shortage. I realize that I will have to pay 9mm prices for 22.cal if there is stock and if ****** ****** Biden does not end the 2A altogether. He still has more than 3 years left to "F" up just about every thing and in that regards, he is doing one heck of a job.
But I am not panicked over ammo. I am not in DENIAL. I am facing it.

Ammo is becoming a less of a concern for me. I have a Son that is headed over into Iraq in Nov. And that scares the Crap out of me.

Page generated in 0.05716 seconds with 8 queries