View Single Post
Old May 6, 2019, 08:50 AM   #79
denster

Just picked mine up Saturday from my son's gun shop. $179 plus tax. Visually superior to the RR to my eyes. The ceracoat finish is very well done and smooth and ceracoat is a tough finish and should wear well. Trigger pull started out at 4.5 lbs and short with minimum travel. A little time with hammer boosting got that under 4lbs and crisp. Free spin pawl is a really nice feature and really makes loading and unloading easy. It feels really good in the hand and I am a fan of the 4&3/4 barrel length particularly for a trail gun. Grip panels are OK and useable but I suspect I will change them for something more eye pleasing. Action is smooth, lock up is tight and B/C gap is close looks to be under .005.
I did some shooting in my basement range with Aguila Super Collibri. At 45' I got consistent groups under 1&1/2 in off hand right on for windage and about 1" low which I find to be exceptional for this ammo. I can't wait for some good weather and free time to coincide.
Overall I think Ruger has a winner with this one and I expect we will see additional barrel lengths and colors in the future .

Page generated in 0.02545 seconds with 8 queries