View Single Post
Old January 2, 2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Ac1d0v3r1d3

IMI Baby Eagle .40 S&W problem

So I have this Baby Eagle in 40 S&W. My dad bought it new right around 8 years ago. It is steel frame and was made in Israel.

The problem that i am having is that sometimes the slide won't close all the way on a round. With the magazine out the action is slick as snot, and for the most part it runs fine. But every once and a while it will just not close on a round. If I give the slide a bump it will close. It will do this with fancy hollow point self defense ammo or with the flat nose practice ammo. I don't believe that it ever happened with the really hot European ammo (fiocchi?) and I don't think that it has happened with wolf either. I would guess that over the years I've put several thousand rounds through this pistol.

Anybody have an idea what the problem might be? I'll try and put a few rounds through this pistol in the next few days and see what I can see.

ON a side note, I've never been able to run Winchester White box though this pistol. It would stove pipe or just refuse to feed.

Page generated in 0.02498 seconds with 8 queries