Thread: why troll?
View Single Post
Old November 5, 2011, 05:38 PM   #1
tahunua001

why troll?

hello all.
I apologize ahead of time for the following rant. I've noticed recently that there is an increasing number of trolls on TFL, either that or it just never started bothering me until now. I never really understood the motivation.

now I understand if you are reading a thread and see someone has posted some wrong information, by all means, speak up and correct them. but why belittle them and make no attempt to correct them tactfully. an why if you see 15 people all posting the same thing that you think is wrong why continue to stick to your guns when odds are very high that you are in fact the one that is wrong?

I will not deny that I've ever gotten into heated discussions and quite often I have put out faulty information myself. however I have no problem being corrected by someone that can eloquently lay out the information and provide corroborating data. but to simply say that you are wrong and should just pack up shop get an education is not IMO the way to expand a peer's level of knowledge.

am I alone here? is anyone else noticing a deteriorating level of civility particularly in the handgun forums?

Page generated in 0.03768 seconds with 8 queries