View Single Post
Old November 20, 2006, 01:38 PM   #15
spacemanspiff

Been there, done that, bought a t-shirt.

Walking home a few years back, evening, maybe 8-ish, dark out. A man gets out of the passenger side of a truck parked up on my left, and walks around the front of a building (presumably to go inside, it was a gas station). As I am passing the building I notice that same person has walked all the way around and is on an intercept course towards me. He is about ten yards off, and he looks behind me, I hadn't noticed the truck he got out of had crept up behind me. The person starts yelling at the driver, and I walk faster.
The person then catches up to me, and I turn to face him, with my hand on my holstered weapon. He asks me if I have the time. I tell him 'No'. He then asks my name, and some other distracting questions. I am continuing to move, and don't want him any closer.
There is no where for me to retreat to, as the streets are icy, sidewalks nonexistant due to being covered with snow, and I can only cross half the street. The person follows. He now wants to 'shake my hand'. I tell him I don't know him and I don't want to know him. I am still palming my weapon. He has presented no weapon yet, but he is making my spidey sense go berserk.
Long story short, I am convinced he was about to mug me when his driver approached too soon.

In retrospect, I was ill prepared, had a flashlight on me, but it was in a pocket on the right hand side, and I'd have had to choose between using the light or having to use the gun to defend myself. Now, i carry my flashlight accessible to my weak side.

Page generated in 0.03492 seconds with 8 queries