Thread: Mindset
View Single Post
Old July 19, 2013, 10:58 AM   #6
cnimrod

Good points

Thank you OP a topic i believe belongs at the forefront of every discussion on tactics. I am sometimes troubled by the apparent callousness of some of my fellow gun owners when talking about self defense situations. (I commend the moderators for keeping that macho attitude in check here) All the points above talk to being prepared and educating oneself before a situation arises. While one can't imagine every scenario I think the definition of a responsible gun owner is one who analyzes and has a plan for the most "typical" ones.

I've told my kids no matter what their academic pursuits may be please take a course in 2 things: finance , cause you'll always end up dealing with money and psyche, cause you're always going to be dealing with people.

this caught my eye from an old thread here and fits in with the "stay calm" point

2. A humble attitude goes a long way. The ***fights both began as arguments between neighbors that escalated. The ### fight started with somebody bumping someone on the street at 2:30am. I wasn't there so I don't know if it would have helped; but I can't help but think that a quick apology would have been a lot more cost effective way of dealing with these situations - even if I didn't feel the other person warranted it. Having a gun on your hip means you really have to put some forethought into your normal interactions with people.

Page generated in 0.03145 seconds with 8 queries