Thread: Korth Firearms?
View Single Post
Old June 10, 2013, 02:06 PM   #62
lifesizepotato

I started typing my admittedly long-winded response before you (Winchester) posted your rebuttals to newfrontier, so I didn't have that to go on.

Either way, I do think that the types who are shopping for Korths are going to want them to be attractive guns. They are meant to be engineering marvels, too, stronger and better made than anything else, but they also strive to be the jewel-like centerpiece of any gun collection. If their guns were flawlessly made and perfectly accurate, but looked ugly, I don't think their target audience would buy them. Speaking for myself, I know I wouldn't. It's the reason I don't have much interest in Freedom Arms, which, by all accounts are wonderfully constructed - I just don't dig the styling.

To work with your car analogy, if a Lambo looked like a Yugo, but somehow maintained the supercar performance and price, would anyone buy them? Some, for sure, but most would just go with a pretty Ferrari instead. You expect the whole package in Ferraris, Lambos, etc., because of the price premium. With a Korth, because of the premium, you expect a gun that functions perfectly AND nails it in the looks department. If you think the Korth misses that mark and is ugly, it's fine to discuss why or how.

That said, it's entirely possible I'm typing a lot of words while missing your point.

Edit:

Quote:
Oh, and for the record, I find this to be a lie, or maybe your head is on backwards. Are you saying that you don't care about the accuracy or the reliability? Of course you care about function. We all do, as you attempted to say about looks. While we all do care about looks, there is also a pecking order for features of a quality revolver, and no matter what your opinion is, looks are not the chief concern (unless you are new to revolvers).
This kind of has me questioning your credibility as a collector. Not to "no true Scotsman" this debate, but I think any real collector knows that you can never tell someone they're wrong for what interests them in guns. If literally the only thing someone values in revolvers is their appearance, there's no way you can tell them they're wrong or they need their priorities reevaluated. That's not how collectors think.

Last edited by lifesizepotato; June 10, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.03410 seconds with 8 queries