View Single Post
Old November 14, 2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Deaf Smith

C0untZer0,

He had it in his pocket.

http://mobile.wtvr.com/wap/news/text...le=Latest+News
She said the initial investigation indicated when the man tried to unbuckle his seat belt, he hit the trigger of his .40 caliber glock and shot himself in the hip.
The family friend says it likely was loose in his pocket. It has also not been determined whether the man was a licensed gun owner, however his wife indicated to investigators she knew he carried a weapon with him from time to time, said Capt. Scott.

Glocks have shorter triggers than a S&W revolver and lighter ones at that. You use a holster that covers the trigger guard and not walk around with it in you pocket! Same goes for the S&W M&P and Springfield Armory XP!

Here in Texas we had a Chief of Police carry a Glock 27 in Wal-Mart a while back. No holster. Carried it in his pants. It slipped down past the waistband and he tried to catch it. It went off and shot in the butt!

This Spotsylvania guy won the Darwin Awards. Sad but true.

I've packed Glocks now for well over ten years. Shot IDPA, IPSC, and Steel Challenge matches with them. Never once a AD/ND. I shoot all the time at the indoor range drawing from under a t-shirt or windbreaker. Never ever once a ND/AD!

You pack your gun in a secure holster and train to be able to draw it without any fumbling.

Use a good holster! Here is my FIST holster I use on the very Glock pictured:

This guy had no respect for the gun. And the gun killed him. Yes a Darwin Award. And his wife is now a widow.

Deaf

Page generated in 0.02722 seconds with 8 queries