View Single Post
Old November 15, 2009, 09:07 PM   #2
Daryl

Many years ago my dad and I, as near as we can figure, called in 12 coyotes on one stand. It was getting sort of crazy, with coyotes coming and going in all directions there for a bit. I called in 18 that morning, but I don't remember now how many we killed. I know we missed several shots on that one stand, and I killed a double later that morning.

Another morning with dad I called in 8, but only shot one. They smelled us, and set up to howling at us. The problem for them was that it was open country, and they were within my effective range with the .243 I was carrying that day. When we got back to the truck, another one was standing under a bush about 200 yards away, and I shot it, too. when I did, another one took off up a hill, and I missed it three or four times before I finally hit it, just before it topped out.

Next best that comes to mind was probably 4, and I shot two while dad got 1 of them. We shot several times at the 4th one, but never touched it.

A guy will usually make a lot of lesser stands for each one like those that happen, but they're sure exciting when they do!

Daryl

Page generated in 0.03619 seconds with 8 queries