View Single Post
Old July 12, 2011, 07:10 AM   #39
DRBoyle

Quote:
DRBoyle, what he does NOT look is frightened or highly adrenalized.

He does not give any cues that suggest his behavior would be that of a reasonble person.

The only defense for his actions that I might have bought would have been an affirmative defense for a psychotic break. However, as mental defenses go, I believe the standard in most states is not about overall processing of reality, but rather knowing whether an action is right or wrong.

In that sense, lying about events and motives would suggest knowledge that actions weren't right
Thanks for the further response MLeake. What you have had to say both here and in your initial post definitely sounds reasonable. No doubting that and should have clarified.

The part in bold is where we can definitely agree that he very much made the wrong decision in a legal.

Quote:
....... I don't disagree with you, but I think maybe that is sort of what drboyle is getting at: sometimes things might look and feel different than what they are. Sound on the video would've been nice.
youngunz4life said it better than I had attempted to. Though still have an issue with what can only be the legalities in this case. Even if the legalities appear to have been adhered to.

Page generated in 0.02611 seconds with 8 queries