View Single Post
Old June 13, 2018, 12:59 PM   #19
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
No, she won't carry the weapon for the foreseeable future. My impression is she'll stick in the sock drawer or closet and it won't see the light of day unless it hits the fan or I make her practice My main concern with long guns is there are a few spots in her place where wielding one would be difficult.
Well, convenience isn’t just for carry. She may want a hand free or she may have limited space to store it or wield it. However, if she isn’t going to carry it, that opens up some options like pistol caliber long guns, bullpups, or pistols with arm braces that are smaller than a traditional long gun. I will say the women I’ve shot with seem to find bullpups easier to use than most long guns (too heavy or bad balance for their upper body sttength). They’ll pick an FN2000 over my lightest AR, even though it is heavier. M1 Carbine is another popular one with the ladies.

Quote:
Another concern is maintenance. Although I will try and practice with her, I don't want a long period of time to lapse with respect to maintaining the weapon which is why a revolver made some sense to me
One nice thing about military-derived firearms, especially the modern ones with nitride and ceramic finishes, is they will tolerate a lot of minimal or no maintenance.

Page generated in 0.03116 seconds with 8 queries