View Single Post
Old June 13, 2018, 10:27 AM   #11
FAS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATN082268 View Post
No, she won't carry the weapon for the foreseeable future. My impression is she'll stick in the sock drawer or closet and it won't see the light of day unless it hits the fan or I make her practice My main concern with long guns is there are a few spots in her place where wielding one would be difficult. Another concern is maintenance. Although I will try and practice with her, I don't want a long period of time to lapse with respect to maintaining the weapon which is why a revolver made some sense to me.
This is my daughter in law's gun. She wasn't comfortable with a semi-auto yet because she was having trouble racking the slide. I showed her a technique that made it much easier and when she has the confidence I think she will go with a G43 or similar.

She bought this Airweight and installed the ErgoGrip and shoots it very well. If not intending to carry the gun, I would look at a Ruger SP101 size revolver. Whatever you do, don't just let her put it in the sock drawer and think it's secured.

Page generated in 0.03014 seconds with 8 queries