Thread: Gun Control
View Single Post
Old October 16, 2017, 04:49 PM   #67
Theohazard

Justin: First, I'd like to say I appreciate how civil you're being during this discussion. I wish all the TFL members in this thread could have been as civil as you, but that's what we have moderators for.

I'll also say that I don't think your position makes any sense. You say your goal is to enact gun bans in order to reduce the number of mass shootings, yet then you said you don't advocating banning the number-one weapon used in mass shootings: handguns. I certainly don't mean this as an insult, but I think your position is based solely on ignorance and emotion.

And that's OK. Emotions subside and ignorance can be corrected. After that, I hope you'll begin to see that "assault weapons" like the AR-15 are rarely used in crimes -- even mass shootings -- compared to handguns, and at the same time are some of the most practical and useful firearms out there in terms of sporting and defensive use.

On a side note, "assault rifle" is a correct term for an intermediate-powered rifle that is capable of full-auto fire. But the term is almost always misused to refer to semi-auto rifles.

Last edited by Theohazard; October 16, 2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: misspelling

Page generated in 0.02927 seconds with 8 queries