View Single Post
Old March 21, 2016, 04:56 PM   #16
armoredman

They can say it all they want and they may have actually gotten away with it, but according to federal law we do not qualify as DOC do not and have not ever had general arrest powers for line staff. CIU are the only people who DO have arrest powers, and their IDs say POLICE OFFICER. What they probably experienced was "professional courtesy" the wink wink, nudge nudge for minor issues. I highly disagree with professional courtesy, as we should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one.
When I went to Vegas I asked about traveling with my sidearm, (this was before NV started accepting AZ permits again), and was told "Hey, you're covered under LEOSA, no worries" and had to explain to Vegas PD the same thing. The problem is, you have to be 100% iron clad certain of exactly what you are and aren't covered for/from/by, or it WILL bite you in the rump HARD in the aftermath court battle.
I was told once the only state that let us carry on our badge was Ohio, but since I don't know anyone in Ohio, I never bothered to check it out.

Page generated in 0.02913 seconds with 8 queries