View Single Post
Old March 26, 2020, 09:53 AM   #72
Double Naught Spy

After seeing similar threads on multiple forums, my take is that many current gun owners are upset that new people are panic buying guns and ammo, thereby cutting into the abilities of current gun owners to panic buy. They have come up with all sorts of reasons or justifications for why it is buy that those people are buying 'our' guns, and it is sort of hilarious. From here, I am going to use rc's #4 post as an example...

Quote:
The problem with new gun buyers under stress like this is they are not enthusiasts and will not learn to use their weapon.
The fact of the matter is that most people who buy guns are not gun enthusiasts. Most gun owner don't take any gun classes. A huge amount of them buy a gun for home protection, a box of ammo, maybe go to the range and shoot a few rounds and load up the gun and put it in a bedside table drawer, on a closet shelf, etc. where it sits for just about forever. These people usually don't participate in gun forums. They don't go to the range. They have no idea what velocity their bullets are leaving the barrels of their guns. They don't notice gun mistakes in movies.

When I used to RSO CHL classes for a buddy of mine, more than once we had people come in to renew their licenses that unloaded the carry ammo they loaded in their gun when they finished their last class, loaded up the ammo to qualify, shot the course, then loaded up the original carry ammo they put in their gun several years prior. They had not shot their gun since the last time they qualified.

It is sort of like me with my fire extinguishers. I am not a fire extinguisher or fire fighting enthusiast. I have never had a firefighting class. I have never had a fire extinguisher class. I have used my fire extinguishers a couple of times, but otherwise they sit in their corners and gather dust. I check the little gauge every year or so when I think about it to make sure they are charged, but otherwise don't give them a thought.

Page generated in 0.03717 seconds with 8 queries