View Single Post
Old March 1, 2020, 02:21 PM   #11
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty Morgan View Post
I am looking for input on my Desert Eagle. I don't know the series, but it would be from around 2005. Hard chrome and .50 AE.

When I used to shoot it with Samson ammo, it ran okay. I felt bad about not shooting it, so last week I ordered some Precision One JHP. The ammo got great reviews, so I figured it would work.

Today I fired the gun, and most rounds failed to extract. The ones that did extract generally hit me in the face.

Magnum Research has always hidden behind the excuse that customers were limp-wristing the gun. That's not my issue. I know how to shoot it. I hold it very firmly, and it worked for me in the past. Today I still had problems.

I can't say the ammo has no problems. I wouldn't know. I believe ammo that works in other Desert Eagles should work in this one, and I think that even if the gun prefers Samson, what it's doing is not acceptable. When I buy ammo for a Glock or a Smith & Wesson, I don't have to baby the gun. It swallows what I put in it. For $1300, a pistol should not be this difficult.
I have a tiny amount of experience with the Dessert Eagle, in .44.

Super ammo sensitive. There's a spreadsheet showing ammo recommendations on the manufacturer's website here.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Page generated in 0.02667 seconds with 8 queries