View Single Post
Old February 9, 2020, 10:00 PM   #16
ThomasT

Both 22 autos I own are Ruger standard models with 4" and 6" barrels. Mine are the older versions with the take down system that baffles some folks. I got my first one way back in the early 1980s with no box or instructions and for sure no internet. It only took a seconds of study and I had the gun apart. Going back together was a little harder but not by much.

Now Ruger sells them with some sort of easy take down system. And you can buy them suppressor ready. And there are lots of after market upgrades if you feel they are needed. I like my Rugers. I have owned several other 22 autos and for me the Rugers just always worked. And they have natural pointing frames that just almost put you on target without even trying.

The Bersa Thunder is also a good compact 22 about the same size as a Walther PP of Beretta model 70/71.

In that link posted above about the Israeli use of Beretta pistols for Mossad use they didn't feel the need for a suppressor. They used lower power ammo and felt that was quiet enough. To read more find the book "Vengence" by Goerge Jonus.

Page generated in 0.03420 seconds with 8 queries