View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 11:28 AM   #41
Ben Dover

Quote:
Layered security. One benefit of layered security is it give people time to prepare. nosy yard fence, yappy dog, storm door, etc. All good security systems have layers. I live in a decent part of town so my security is low, but I could be beefed up pretty quick.

If I ever felt like I had to wear a gun around the house I would move.
If you need to use your gun, your home securirty "systerm" has failed.

Eiminating sliding glass doors, and replacing them with solid core doors in steel frames and the use of deadbolts. Solid core inside bedroom doors with deadbolts if you still have children at home. High security windows.

A good, professionally installed alarm system, with batterey back up, costs no more than a good rifle and scope.

A yappy little dog, inside the house.

Flooodlights outside connected to your alarm system. Battery powered automatic lights inside.

Getting to know your neighbors, and watching out for one another. Getting to know the police who patrol your neighorhood.

Do not display high cost items. If you have a Corvette, or Cadillac, keep it in the garage not the driveway.

I keep several fully loaded firearms well hidden around my home. But I do believe that my outer security will prevent the need to use them.

Write down license numbers of suspicious vehicles that do not "belong" in the neigfhborhood, along with descriptions of occupants.

Most police departments have a crime prevention unit that will be happy to send an officer to do a "threat risk" assessment, and talk to the neighborhood about setting up a "neighborhood watch" or "citizens on patrol" program.

Your taxes are paying for these programs, you may as well take advantage of therm.

It is very important what a man stands for.
But it is far more important what a man refuses to stand for.

Page generated in 0.02617 seconds with 8 queries