View Single Post
Old February 15, 2011, 05:48 PM   #32
Alaska444

I was charged by a large German Shepherd once, not exactly bear stuff, but I do know the adrenalin rush of having a large animal with fangs run towards me. I was out walking and saw a crow in the light pole ahead. I shouted at the crow and clapped my hands saying, Get out of her crow! All of a sudden, I noticed a very large German Shepherd sitting at the bottom of the light pole very intently staring at me.

I stopped in my tracks and noted a small 2x4 right next to me from the last house being built in the tract. I slowing picked it up with the dog starting to circle me very nervously. I started to back up slowly and get some more space between us and then my neighbor shows up with his little cocker spaniel.

The German Shepherd immediately charged. I picked up the 2x4 to swing over my head and charged back at the dog. With the adrenalin rush, I never saw the dog run away and by the time I came back out of my adrenalin "white out" he was long gone. Only had an adrenalin "white out" one other time in my life when a car ran a red light and knocked my 7000 pound Sequoia over and literally into the air in a full gainer and then landed on my wheels heads up. That adrenalin surge takes over and the mind goes into slow motion and everything whites out.

Hope I never get a third adrenalin rush like that.

Page generated in 0.03474 seconds with 8 queries