View Single Post
Old August 22, 2009, 04:42 PM   #381
Tennessee Gentleman

Glenn,
Well said! Even more recently I have asked many of the 2A absolutists if the fact that citizens of New Orleans being armed stopped Ray Nagin from taking their guns. Of course we know that an injunction from the NRA/GOA did so and no citizens violently resisted the confiscations.

Did the "people's militia" storm the NO Police warehouse and retrieve their illegally obtained property? Heck no, they waited for Ray No-guns to be held in contempt of court and that forced the NO Police to return the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpeel
There is no knowing where the tipping point would occur. One thing is for sure, though. There comes a point where they will no longer be pushed.
Here is what I know. Any person who takes up arms against a lawfully elected government commits treason and will face the full fury of the law. I for one would be one of the first to oppose with force if necessary any such action. If you don't like what the government does, vote 'em out as Glenn has said. You will not achieve with a gun what you cannot get at the ballot box.

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; August 22, 2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Page generated in 0.03362 seconds with 8 queries