View Single Post
Old January 11, 2000, 11:32 PM   #19
Ruger guy

Hey guys,

I find it really hard to believe that walmart, kmart or Joe Blows sporting goods chooses to sell or not sell firearms or a particular type of firearm based on any philosophical belief. It's purely a matter of profit and loss and acceptable or unacceptable potential loss. The local sporting goods store is not likely to be the victim of a negative world wide or national media smear campaign or a named defendant in a frivilous multi-million dollar law suite just because the firearm passed through their hands. Do you think the corner diner would have been sued for millions over a hot cup of coffee? If you believe that any of these businesses are in it for the philosophical belief in the bill of rights or anything remotely related to that then I'll bet you believe that McDonald's is only concerned about the possibility of all of the poor little earthlings starving to death.

I'm a small business man myself. I've supported the small stores and knowingly paid as much as $100.00 more for a given firearm out of the principle of supporting a small business. You know what, they didn't give a damn when I had problems and were no more supportive than Walmart. The only difference is a little more entertaining conversation when you walk into the store. They didn't pitch in anything extra for my grocery bill and I'm not pitching any more to their's unless they are the only ones in town with the product I want. They have done absolutely nothing to earn my dollar.

Page generated in 0.02203 seconds with 8 queries