View Single Post
Old December 7, 2017, 07:10 AM   #13
fourbore

Is the 260 about 10 yrs old also? Give or take. I liked the 260 better, but; I was wrong. I also liked the 458 socom over the 450BM, wrong again. Moving forward buyers can go with the flow, ammo and gun availability or hand load and custom build.

The 6.5 CM round is doing amazing. The 6.5 bore size is hot too. I think the future not so bright for the .277 rounds. The .277 was a bore that we never needed. It will never go away, but; the honeymoon is over. An american abomination no longer needed. Me thinks, but as you know... I have been wrong before!

I was really surprised to join this forum and read about the so-called 6.8! Nice try - metric pretend. I am thinking this garbage just wont go away. Ie the 277 bore diameter. Now, the 6.5 creed, I hope the final nail. We have the gindell and a few oldies & moldies. The 270 win will never go away, to many old guns and eventually it will be a nostalgia round with our grand children long after we are gone.

The op's question was will the 6.5 do this or that. Obviously yes, if it was previously done with a 270win it can be done today with one of the comparable 6.5mm. Take your pick.

Page generated in 0.03202 seconds with 8 queries