View Single Post
Old May 10, 2019, 07:26 PM   #12
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenMauser View Post
Sale of BP now requires controlled access (only authorized employees) and approved, secure storage (a dedicated BP safe).
The additional hassle, expense, and storage space required push it beyond the threshold of what most retailers are willing to deal with.

There are only four places that I know of, where I can still get BP, within 200 miles of my city. One is Bear River (posted by Wyosmith), to the east. Another is a BP specialty shop, to the west. And the third is a "surplus" store, just north of Ogden, Utah.
There was a fourth, another BP specialty shop, but the owner is dying and only opens his shop for friends (the guy has always been jerk when I talked to him and/or tried to buy something from him - even before the illness - so I don't qualify ).
At least you have access to black powder within 200 miles, I have to drive 1000 miles to Friendship, IN and the black powder festival they have their to get any.

The gas for that round trip isn't worth it.

Quote:
If you don't clean thoroughly after you shoot BP, you're in for a rude awakening.
That's true, BP or Pyrodex will rot them out. I guess I just get frustrated by those who tout Pyrodex as "less corrosive" compared to BP when it's equal in corrosiveness.

Page generated in 0.03013 seconds with 8 queries