View Single Post
Old February 15, 2019, 10:14 AM   #36
Wag

I've had a couple of encounters with LEO while armed. Stories for a different thread. One of them was a local City PD copy and told me, "We love it when people carry firearms." Without a doubt, it's because our neighborhood is 30 minutes away from any first responders.

Another was when I was pulled over for speeding. I informed the cop I was CC and he asked for my pistol. I did everything he asked and the exchange was pretty low key but during the conversation, it was clear that he was not familiar with state CC laws. Probably a recent lateral.

Another occasion when I was pulled over for speeding (I know, but they were several years apart!) I informed and the officer just said, "Don't reach for it." That's the typical response for cops in this area, from what I understand.

As an aside, neither cop wrote me for the offense and I often wonder if it was because I was carrying or if it was because I was polite and deferential to them or a combination of the two.

For what it's worth, I do feel fortunate that these attitudes prevail in this area.

--Wag--

Page generated in 0.02252 seconds with 8 queries