View Single Post
Old May 14, 2010, 12:54 PM   #18
ClydeFrog

Glock pistol problems, Ford Police Package Crown Victoria sedans...

In my opine; most of the Glock pistol problems or major issues come from owners not following the Glock mandated policy or manual guidelines.
If a user or Glock owner put the wrong load in or puts the wrong type of after market/custom gunsmith work then that could lead to serious problems.
I was reading over a few posted details of a Glock after market shop that made custom frames. CCR or CCF something. The company advised against metal Glock guide-rods and a few other custom parts. The more I read the more sense it made to keep a NIB(new) Glock pistol factory stock.
The late gun writer/firearms expert Robert Boatman made some of the same points in his book; Living With Glocks, www.Boatmanbooks.com .
I would however, get a NY-1 trigger system on a Glock duty/CCW pistol and 3 dot type night-sights.
As for the Ford Pinto example, I think the LE model Ford Crown Victoria sedans(also called the Police Interceptors) are a better example of US police agencies using a product that has a bad rep or major problems. A few PDs even sued Ford over the PI model's unsafe features. A sworn LE officer in AZ was killed in a traffic stop incident where a vehicle hit him, ruptured the Crown Vic's fuel tank and caused a massive explosion. The safety & design problems Ford had is why many US law enforcement agencies switched to Dodge Intrepid or Charger models or the improved GM Impala sedans. The large city where I live had the police buy 840 new GM Impala vehicles for the police dept. A few LE agencies use the Dodge Charger models or SUVs too.

Clyde

Page generated in 0.03557 seconds with 8 queries