View Single Post
Old May 14, 2010, 07:24 AM   #2
LordTio3

---RELOADS---

You'll soon find the inevitable correlation between the high-profile stories of Glocks exploding, and the "like clockwork" footnote at the bottom of the story that said the shooter was using "reloads" in his Glock.

This is how it happens. I'm not saying "ALL THE TIME", but I can say with stark confidence that NEARLY ALL THE TIME this is the culprit in Glock KaBooms. And I'll tell you exactly how it happens.

-Ahem- Bang, Bang, Bang, Boop...
..."Wow. That felt like a squib." -lifts up muzzle a bit to prove without a shaddow of a doubt that everything is fine; meanwhile the powder charge was so small that the bullet never made it down the barrel.
- CLICK - "Wow... guess the action didn't cycle..." -Rack the slide-

"KA-BADA-BOOM!"

The burning powder charge, the bullets making contact, and the compressed atmosphere between the rounds in the barrel all equal a bad day and the gun splits open because the frame behind the open port is weaker than the barrel that's seared shut.

This is how it happens. And it happens with all autos, not just Glocks. Glocks really just get the worst lashing for it because of their "Glock: Perfection" campaign and because of their affinity for incredible reliability.

There is no factory quality control with reloads. That's why if you are shooting reloads, and you have a problem, (Warranty=VOID). Do yourself a favor, shoot reloads at your own risk; but if you do, and you have a poorly loaded round that doesn't function correctly... STOP AND CHECK YOUR WEAPON BEFORE YOU FIRE AGAIN! or you may just loose a finger.

Happy Glocking,
The 22 is a great model.
~LT

Page generated in 0.04899 seconds with 8 queries