View Single Post
Old October 16, 2013, 02:55 AM   #20
JustSomeGuy

Progressives are all about time. Sure, you can load ammo on a single stage, and most progressive users have one of those too, used mostly for small lots or load development with unfamiliar components, but when you want to shoot 3-500rnds a week or more, there is nothing like a progressive. I have three, well 4 really, but I don't use the SDB anymore since I started using Dillon 650's for most of my reloading, and an LNL I use for stuff using large pistol primers (I hate converting presses I will have to use for more volume for small pistol stuff). And I have a Lee single stage I use for other tasks like a push through die for 40 brass of questionable heritage, or making a small lot of experimental ammo... like 20 at a time. When I find a group of components I want to shoot in large numbers, I will use a progressive, and that is most of the time.

Life is made out of time. You only get so much and only you can decide how to spend it, but I would rather be shooting more with that time than doing with a single stage what I can do on a progressive in one tenth the time.

Page generated in 0.02758 seconds with 8 queries