Thread: weapon lights
View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 09:34 PM   #22
JC57

I had a Streamlight TLR-3 mounted on my Glock 22. Worked great. Nice bright light, you didn't have to turn it on unless you wanted to, super bright.

It was a home-defense-only gun, so no concerns about finding a special holster for it.

I made sure to practice with the light attached, and it didn't seem to affect the operation or the accuracy of the gun.

Only problem was that the clip where it attached to the rail broke, so it's now useless as a gun light though still a handy little flashlight. I don't know if that was from the .40cal recoil or if I over-tightened it.

Sure seemed like a good idea to me. I wasn't going to be walking around the house in the dark with the thing on all the time. The intent would be to "pulse" the light as needed to check a room or corner, or leave full on if I in fact encountered an intruder.

Nice additional fact is that whatever was right in the middle of that bright circle was going to be point of impact, so it made a good point-shooting tool as well.

I've had power outages that have lasted days or even weeks, and I'd rather have that than try to use a candle.

Page generated in 0.03173 seconds with 8 queries