View Single Post
Old May 12, 2006, 03:02 PM   #13
Donaldo

After reading whatever you can get your hands on about reloading, develop a system. There's a million stories out there about a double charged case, bullet loaded was heavier than thought, wrong powder used, etc. If you do these things and live, think yourself damn lucky.

Start out in small batches, maybe 20-50 rounds at a time. I personally like to physicaly move the cases from my left (block with empty cases), to my right after charging. I even labeled my blocks "N/C" (not charged) and "CHARGED!" A third of the fun for me is thinking up and implememting QC procedures (I know, I'm weird).

Also, DO NOT GET DISTRACTED WHILE LOADING. My wife and daughter know when I'm de-priming, chamfering, polishing, sizing, and priming, it's cool to ask me questions about stuff. When I'm charging and seating I want a "sterile-cockpit", if it doesn't pertain to what I'm doing right at that second, it can wait till I'm done.

If you stick to published load data, and use some common sense it can become a very zen-like expierience ("be the bullet").
Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow. - Isaiah 1:17

Page generated in 0.02478 seconds with 8 queries