View Single Post
Old May 10, 2018, 04:06 PM   #74
Jazzgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailGator View Post
Jazzgun, I am pretty sure that the reason for Dr. Meyer's last post is that some folks think, and express on this and similar forums, that you must fire if you draw. That, as you now say you know, is incorrect; if an attack ceases on presentation of a firearm, you need not fire, and in some situations the justification for firing may even be eliminated. The way you phrased some stuff before his post left open the possibility that you may not have understood that.
TailGator...

Thanks and I think you are correct in that there was something "lost in the translation". That's the problem with posting in these forums. I will be more careful in the future when posting about something of such a sensitive nature. I appreciate your pointing that out to me very much.

And I'm not upset with Glenn. I'm just upset that I was misunderstood and I take full responsibility for that and I own it.

As for knowing when to fire or when not to fire.... there are simply too many scenarios to go into. I would hope to #1 Never have to be presented with the necessity. #2 Hope the situation would not result in my having to use my firearm #3 Know without any uncertainty that if I did it was only as a last resort because I had exhausted all other possibilities to protect myself from death or serious injury.

I hope I never ever have to shoot anyone. I have said this before and I've said it again. It's the very last thing I ever want to do.

Thanks again,

~ Jazz

Page generated in 0.02254 seconds with 8 queries