View Single Post
Old March 25, 2018, 09:59 PM   #33
In The Ten Ring

That is a HORRIBLE idea. As a veteran LEO let me explain the problems.

I was waiting for someone to mention that.

In college, I took a friend who didn't have a car to look at a TV for sale. I wanted to go to the indoor range afterwards so I tossed three loaded handguns into the glove box. *I had a CCW even then.

We looked at the TV but it was much too old for him and too big for my car. We pulled out onto the main road. BOOM. Police car comes speeding up, lights and siren going. I was doing about 35 mph in the 55 mph zone as I had just pulled out.

Officer walks up. He's not happy. He accuses us of leading him on a high speed chase! "Let me see your license and registration!" I tell him, "sir, we just pulled out of that street back there. We were looking at a TV for sale." The officer calms considerably and says "crap! I wondered how you slowed down so fast.....I didn't get a good look at the car, did you see anyone speed by here?"

We could have furthered our case with a lie but it's wrong to lie and we had the TV owners as witnesses. I said "no, sorry." I really didn't want to show him the registration as I had those loaded guns in there....but I asked anyway and I was going to show him my CCW and warn him about the firearms....."no, I don't need to see your registration, it doesn't matter now."

He walked back to his car clearly let down. That was the LAST time I ever carried a pistol where I kept my registration and proof of insurance.

Page generated in 0.02573 seconds with 8 queries