View Single Post
Old April 16, 2011, 09:28 PM   #7
brabham78

I'm a semi auto guy in general - they are the reason that I'm a handgun enthusiast, but I've also owned and/or shot a lot of revolvers during the last 30+ years. At heart though, I'm a gear-head, and can't help but find semi autos to be more interesting.

I own some of the more reliable semi autos on the market (PPS, Kahr, CZ, Bersa, Ruger, S&W, and others), most are great guns based on my experience, but when it comes to the day to day - carry it and forget about it routine, none of my semi autos give me the warm fuzzies the way my revolver does.

Yes, revolvers can malfunction too, any mechanical device can, But over a period of 30+ years of fairly extensive shooting, my semi auto vs revolver malfunction ratio has been (conservatively) at least 100 to 1 in favor of revolvers. I'm not going to argue with those results, and I'm not going to argue with those who want to argue with those results......... I'm just going to take note of what I've leaned, and apply it to picking the kind of carry gun that has proven to be the most reliable for me.

Although I carry a revolver the vast majority of the time, I do sometimes carry my semi autos (as I said, they are my favorite kind of gun), and do not feel poorly armed while doing it, but the revolver is the one I trust the most.

Last edited by brabham78; April 16, 2011 at 09:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.02879 seconds with 8 queries