Thread: Gunnercise
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2009, 08:48 PM   #1
PhoenixConflagration

Gunnercise

I was doing some dry-fire draw practice yesterday, and came up with something that might make for a good training technique. Or maybe I'm an ametuer and I'm doing something silly. I was thinking about how to simulate the stress reactions one would have in a real SD situation. I didn't think I could effectively fake an adrenaline dump, but I realized I could at least get my heart rate up quickly and put my posture out of the readiness one can't help but adopt when practicing. I holstered my gun (after making sure it was empty of course), then did five or six jumping jacks in my living room. At the point where my hands were high, I went for my gun, drew, acquired a sight picture, and dry-fired. (Please follow all safe dry-firing techniques.) After repeating a few times, I realized my heart rate was staying up, and I'm the type that could use a little more exercise and a few less pounds (I said a few). I then added into the mix sprinting from one end of my apartment to the other (not a long trip, mind you), then drawing, sighting and firing. I found that in the excitement it was indeed more difficult to maintain proper trigger control. Hopefully with more of this practice, that will improve. And maybe I'll trim up a bit. So, what do you think of Gunnercise?

Page generated in 0.02885 seconds with 8 queries