View Single Post
Old May 16, 2008, 03:53 PM   #43
Samurai

You guys are missing the most important part: Pepper spray is GREAT if you've got a pot of chili that you need to season, FAST! (kidding...)

Pepper spray is nothing more than a device for disbursing a caustic chemical. That's it. It is not "only good for one thing..." as MOST people on this thread have stated. (Although, noone can seem to agree what that "one thing" is...) It's good for MANY things. It can cause pain, it can cause blindness, it can cause shortness of breath, and certain models even include a paint-like marker to identify what's been sprayed.

The flip-side to this point is the distinction between whether a gun is "only good for killing human beings." There is SO much more that you can do with a gun! You can hunt, target shoot, shoot to wound, shoot to disrupt little steel plates, etc... If a gun is "only one" thing, then it is simply a device for propelling a bullet at a high rate of speed.

My point? My point... I guess what I'm trying to say is that, once you start attributing "only one thing" that a particular weapon is good for, you start assigning a connotative value (emotion) to that weapon. Certain weapons can be seen as "good," or "evil," or "merciful," or "harsh," based on the mischaracterization of their function.

So, everyone remember, you CAN drive a nail with a can of pepper spray...

- Why is it that we fire 1,000 rounds and know that we need more practice, but yet we punch a bag 10 times and think we know how to fight?

- When in doubt, train, train, train...

Page generated in 0.02869 seconds with 8 queries